Meet Dr. Michelle Spring
Dr. Michelle Spring is a board-certified female plastic surgeon serving Beverly Hills and Los Angeles. She specializes in cosmetic surgery at Marina Plastic Surgery and is an adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery at the Keck School of Medicine at USC. After completing an American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery fellowship with Dr. Stevens and an Integrated Plastic Surgery residency at University of Wisconsin, Madison, Dr. Spring practiced in Wisconsin as faculty and helped train residents in reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgery.
Prior to joining the team at Marina Plastic Surgery, Dr. Spring traveled for one year to Bangladesh, Bolivia, China, Ecuador, India, Peru, Taiwan and Vietnam, where she used her surgical skills and compassion to provide humanitarian relief as an Interplast Webster Fellow. She provided free reconstructive plastic surgery for children and adults with cleft palates, cleft lips, disfiguring burns and hand deformities. She then practiced in Sandpoint and Coeur d’Alene, Idaho before returning to Southern California.
Find Dr. Spring on Google +
Dr. Spring has earned extensive educational and professional credentials, including:
- B.S. with distinction in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from University of Wisconsin, Madison (Alpha Omega Alpha)
- 5-year Integrated Plastic Surgery Residency at University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship with Dr. Stevens
- Interplast Webster Fellowship
- Member of American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery, Keck School of Medicine of USC
- Injector Trainer, AestheticSafe Resident Training Program
Dr. Spring participates in training plastic surgeons in the specialty of cosmetic surgery through the aesthetic fellowship of the Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California. She is also active with the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and has been a governing board member of an outpatient surgery center.
- America’s Top Surgeons-Consumer Research Council of America
- Los Angeles Top Rated Doctors
- Patient’s Choice Award
- Compassionate Doctor Award
- Southern California Super Doctors Rising Stars
- Inside Edition
- Good Morning America
- Nip Tuck Radio
- Mommy MD Guides
- eHealth Radio
In addition, Dr. Spring has authored and co-authored many peer-reviewed professional journal articles and book chapters, and she has presented educational lectures and research results internationally. She has been interviewed on public television about cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery.
- Spring MA, Bentz ML. Cutaneous Vascular Lesions. In: Gramick M, ed. Plastic Surgery Clinics 2005.
- Spring MA, Mount D. Pediatric Feeding Disorder and Growth Rate Decline Following Mandibular Distraction Osteogenesis. PRS August 2006.
- Spring MA, Bentz ML. Pediatric Vascular Anomalies. In: Bentz ML, Bauer B, Zuker R, eds. Principles and Practice of Pediatric Plastic Surgery. Quality Medical Publishing; St. Louis, MO, 2008 (127-151).
- Spring MA, Gutowski KA. Venous Thromboembolism in Plastic Surgery Patients: Survey Results of ASPS Members. Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Journal, September 2006; 26:5(522-529).
- Stevens, WG, Spring MA, Stoker DA, Holloway J, Weintraub M, Stevens WG. Office-Based Plastic Surgery With General Anesthesia: Efficiency of Cost and Time. Seminars in Plastic Surgery, August 2007; 21(99-101).
- Stevens WG, Spring MA, Freeman ME, Stoker DA, Hirsch EM. A Review of 100 Secondary Augmentation Mastopexies. Aesthetic Surgery Journal, September-October 2007; 27:5(485-492).
- Stevens WG, Spring MA, Stoker DA. Ten Years of Outpatient Abdominoplasties: Safe and Effective. Aesthetic Surgery Journal, May-June 2007; 27:3 (269-275).
- Stevens WG, Gear AJ, Stoker DA, Hirsch EM, Cohen R, Spring MA, Vath SD, Schantz ST, Heck RT. Outpatient Reduction Mammaplasty. An Eleven-Year Experience. Aesthetic Surgery Journal, Mach 2008; 28:2 (171-179).
- Stacey DH, Spring MA, Breslin TM, Rao VK, Gutowski DA. Exploring the Effect of the Referring General Surgeon’s Attitudes on Breast Reconstruction Utilization. Wisconsin Medical Journal, September 2008; 107:6 (292-297).
- Stevens WG, Pietrzak LK, Spring MA. Broad Overview of a Clinical and Commercial Experience with CoolSclulpting. Aesthet Surg J. Aug 2013 1;33(6):835-46.
- Stevens WG, Spring MA, Macias LH. Counterfeit Medical Devices: The Money You Save Up Front Will Cost You Big in the End. Letter to the Editor, Aesthet Surg J. July 2014: (online 1-3).
- Stevens WG, Macias LH, Spring M, Stoker DA, Chacon CO, Eberlin SA. “One-Stage Augmentation Mastopexy: A Review of 1192 Simultaneous Breast Augmentation and Mastopexy Procedures in 615 Consecutive Patients”. Aesthet Surg J. June 2014 34:723, originally published online May 2014.
- Spring, MA, Macias LH, Nadea M, Stevens WG. “Secondary Augmentation-Mastopexy: Indications, Preferred Practices, and the Treatment of Complications”. Aesthet Surg J. July 2014 34:1018.
Combining Compassionate Care and Surgical Expertise
Patients seeking breast surgery, body contouring or facial rejuvenation will appreciate the compassionate care and surgical expertise of Dr. Spring. She has a true passion for making a difference in the lives of her patients. Because she is a mom as well as one of the top plastic surgeons in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills, Dr. Spring understands how pregnancy and breastfeeding affect a woman’s body, and how rewarding it is to restore and improve breast and abdominal contour and shape.
With her diverse set of skills and experiences, Dr. Spring can truly appreciate each patient’s specific situation and personal goals. She takes time to get to know her Los Angeles plastic surgery patients and understand their concerns.
A Passion for Humanitarian Work and for Life
Dr. Spring’s energy and enthusiasm to serve are evident in her personal and professional life. She has volunteered with the American Red Cross, Big Brothers Big Sisters and the Salvation Army, where she was responsible for delivering health care and supplies for the homeless.
When Dr. Spring is not performing surgery at Marina Plastic Surgery, she continues her humanitarian work with Eduplast, a nonprofit organization dedicated to training plastic and reconstructive surgeons in Nicaragua and Ecuador.
Dr. Spring lives in Southern California with her husband, son and dog. They appreciate the great outdoors and spend their free time hiking, skiing and exploring the world.
“Dr. Spring is beyond sweet and amazing. She is a down to earth woman who makes you feel comfortable…I have 4 people in my family with breast augmentation from the best doctor on the east coast- theirs are all amazing, MINE ARE BETTER.”
At Marina Plastic Surgery, Dr. Spring is known for her dedication to excellent patient care and her exceptional surgical skills. Dr. Spring will listen carefully to your goals and explain your options. Above all, she will strive to provide results that exceed your expectations.